Sunday, May 6, 2012

Will Ride for Pie

Todd and I rode our tandem bike on our first long ride yesterday, over 19 miles.  We rode from home into downtown Chillicothe to Carl's Townhouse to have a piece of pie.  Then we rode around a little and rode home.  



Todd drives the bike in the front and I take up the rear.  It's odd to have no control over steering or brakes.  I do have some control over speed because I just scream a bit and Todd slows down.  Our street is very hilly and our maximum speed was over 35 mph going downhill.  



I can't see much except for his backpack, so I tend to look from side to side and take in the sights that way.  The pedals are linked so we both have to pedal exactly the same.  I can't coast while he does all the work.  I tried taking my feet off the pedals once and I felt like I would fall off the bike, so I learned I can't even do that.

This is one of my side views, looking out over Paint Creek.


So, I just sit behind Todd and ride along, taking in the views.  I talk to myself, and sometimes Todd can hear me.  Like once, he heard me say to a dog that was chasing us, "don't bite my leg!"  I know when Todd can hear me because he starts laughing.

I ended up having a lot of fun!  The pie at Carl's Townhouse was especially delicious.  

Yesterday was National Scrapbooking Day, so I decided to scrapbook the event.


I used the Saturday Sketch over at Basic Grey for inspiration.
The papers and embellishments are from the Basic Grey Origins Collection.  

What did you do for National Scrapbook Day?



No comments: