Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Marty's Sexy Legs



This is a picture of our six year-old Beagle/Basset mix, Marty. On July 6, 2009, he was diagnosed with Lymphoma. He is currently undergoing chemotherapy. Today he received Vincristine, an IV chemotherapy agent. Up until today, he only had one leg shaved, now they shaved the other one so they can rotate IV sites. I though he looked really cute and couldn't resist shooting this photo.

If you want to read more about Marty and his cancer, he has is very own blog! Marty's Lymphoma Blog. It has been six weeks, and had we not decided to treat him, he would be very sickly at this point. Prognosis without treatment is approximately two months.

He is doing really well on the treatments. He is acting very energetic and is his normal self. We are so very happy we decided to treat him. He doesn't know he is sick. Today the vet said he was "very energetic." After he came home from the vet, he knocked over his food storage bin and ate quite a bit of dog food... maybe too much dog food.

1 comment:

Kai said...

Oh, Ria! What a cutie-pie he is! Such a sweet lil' face! I will keep GOOD thought for his complete recovery! And I am going to bookmark his blog so I can read it! I don't speak fluent doggy so I hope you can translate. My only animal language is kitty. LOL!